Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer is on it's way!

I know it's a little early, but I just couldn't wait to get started on Ms. Zoe's 4th of July ensemble... And everyone knows that any fashion forward outfit starts with the accessories... So here is a sneak peek at her independence day head gear:)

Photobucket

I chose not to post the pic of poor Maxy crying because I wouldn't let him wear it:( I'm gonna have to to make him a "snazzy" beanie copter or something to wear while we sit under the fireworks. This was my first attempt at making korkers, I found a pretty good tutorial here.

I didn't have 5/16 rods, so I used some bamboo skewers I had lying around. Instead of using a wood burner to cut the ribbon, I borrowed my husbands wire soldering tool. It did essentially the same thing, but was a little cumbersome for my small hands. I think scissors and a little Fray Check would do just fine, too.

I am hopelessly bad at tying bows. I even have a weird way of tying shoelaces. But I stumbled upon the mini Bowabra at Joann's. It really is a neat little tool, especially for those of us who are bow-challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment